Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 07:19 AM   #46415
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thanks for reminding me. I need to get my pecans for the holidays. I used to get them in vacuum sacks from a company outside Las Cruces. But, they went out of business a few years back. Now, I'm getting them from a place in Comanche. They have been fresher and in better shape than the ones in stores.

They do freeze well, especially if they are vacuum packed, so you don't get frost formation. I think that the texture suffers slightly, but they're still good for baking or nut blends where you toast them. My mom bakes like a crazy woman around Christmas. I'd get her 5 2lb vacuum sacks every fall. She'd stash them in the deep freeze.

They're expecting a high bearing year here in Texas. New Mexico is looking good too. Hopefully pecans won't get too scarce. Plus the Chinese have raised the tariff on American pecans. They've been buying 1/3 of the US crop in past few years. That may help the US supply.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook