View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
Broken Arrow
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Your suggestions are always welcome.

The piece was beaded before sewing. After sewing on the left side, it was turned inside out. Same as with medival shoes or mocassins. The seam is not beaded yet.

I think about a row of black beads from the bottom to the top on the side. In this way, it can be interpreted as a flag pole. Dark brown may be another choice.

It is a piece of remaining scrap leather of a not overly good hide I got for the asking. Hard to tell what the smooth side is. It is not brain tanned. Brain tanned hides are hard to get.

I'll try your suggested method with the wood. What is a good width for fringe? Suppose depending on the dimension of the piece himself. With the cones attached to the Fringe, may be 3 mm or 1/4 inch?

Sigh, Rhonda Holy Bear.com very, very good looking.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook