Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 PM   #46466
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thanks, Ches. (We need to get you a new nickname -- one Siri doesn't want to change to Chex.)

I had pizza last night while the gas was off. We have a new trendy pizza chain in the neighborhood. I gave them a try. I felt guilt eating while the installers slaved away in my nippy attic, without even taken a dinner break. I had to send home some loaves of the pumpkin bread I made to take to my cousin's.

The experience was a humbling reminder that I'd be a failure at the old days. One trip outside the tipi (Serious, Siri I meant tipi not pulpit) or soddy in a howling blizzard for a potty break and I'd break.

Wardancer, you are so right. Thank you for reminding me of priorities.

I'm keeping you and Eyes in my prayers. I hope you are on the mend soon.

Mom is making sweet potato rolls. I could practically smell the rising dough through the phone. Hot from the oven with butter mixed with a little cinnamon and sugar, they're a little bit of heaven. I'd make some, if I could find yeast around that wasn't a million years old.

I did get to hear again how I wasn't there to brine and cook the bird. Mom has a paralyzed hand and forearm, turkey roasters are hard for her to handle. As soon as I was old enough to safely lift a 25lb bird and pan in and out of the oven, I got to get up at 5am and wrestle the bird. I do miss the wild ones my great uncle used to hunt. If they've been in good forage, they are some dang fine food.

I'm going to make pumpkin pies in the morning. I got a last minute invite to a friend's house for dinner. I don't want to arrive empty handed. I made some cranberry chutney to take to my cousin's but I had put it in the freezer, since I couldn't eat but a few spoonfuls. I hope the container will thaw in time.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook