Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #46469
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Well, we're in the final stage with the heater install -- waiting for the city inspector. Once that is done, it will be over.

Well, I finally got to have a day of actual entertainment on my "vacation". I was able to get into the studio and do some work yesterday. I've been working - albeit very slowly -- on a silver box. I bent the large sterling overlay panel into a cylinder. It didn't fold or distort along the edges of the overlay elements, which is always a risk. This was the make or break step. If it hadn't worked, I'd have been putting a good 4 toz into the recycle bag to sell back to Rio.

Today I started on the lid and closure. I'm making a tab closure, but the lid section that fits inside the closure can be worn are a brooch. It's a bit of a fabrication challenge. I've been saving a lovely cab of Hubei spiderweb turquoise. Joe Jelks at Horizon Minerals cut it. It's a lovely piece. The back of the cab has a high quality finish. So, I'll do shadow box cut out to show it off. A little secret for the wearer.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook