Old 11-28-2018, 05:33 PM   #2207
chickasaw604
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
chickasaw604 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hi! Hope everybody's day is going well.

I was born in Colorado, lived all over the US as a baby, parents took me to Canada when I was five. Still up here in beautiful BC. I live in Coast Salish territory, specifically on Squamish Nation land, on the banks of a salmon river right by the Pacific.

My ancestry is Chickasaw, and am in the process of getting my Chickasaw Nation citizenship. The rest of my family has it, but long story short, my process has a lot more paperwork. Working through it, and hope to have my card by summer 2019. I go to pow wows here and they are great. Northwest First Nations culture is very different from Southeastern American Indian culture, so it is interesting learning about both. I feel it is important to be an informed and respectful guest on another nation's land.

I am learning about my culture and language from far away, so I am very thankful for the internet and places like this. Thank you so much for all the information I have already used in learning to bead. I hope to learn and expand my skills and am very happy to have found you all =)