Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:34 PM   #46553
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
It's 11am and I'm already looking for the company bottle of tequila. I'm in upgrade hell, at a company with no in house IT person.

We got new company phones. The roll out was done a couple days before Christmas. We've had no training. I just hung on on someone with whom I've been playing phone tag with for two days. Then I touched the wrong place on the screen and turned on overhead paging. (Thankfully after I finished cursing.)

I got a new computer yesterday. For the first time, the boss decided I won't set it up, but our rent-a-IT guy would. He got called away halfway through the process yesterday. I thought I'd just use my old computer, but I discovered he had removed my files rather than copied. So, my old machine is mostly useless. Only 2/3 of my applications are installed on the new one.

XCode upgraded with the new machine and the open source framework I use for graphing is hopelessly broken. Nothing I use to do my design work will compile. I've spent the entire morning prowling around the github repository trying to find a release that works. I'm about to try a beta. I hope I haven't gone to an XCode version and target OS where no man has gone to before, or there will be dead red shirts.

After lunch, I plan to clean my office and lab. No upgrades on the mop, broom and dust pan, LOL.

Last edited by OLChemist; 01-09-2019 at 04:06 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook