View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #22
Broken Arrow
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I have done the Fringe in both ways.

Cutting after sewing the Fringe and cutting the Fringe before sewing. I am still undecided what the better method is though cutting before sewing may be the better choice.

By cutting after sewing you may experience the difficulty that the piece isn't laying flat enough on the cutting board when you come close to the seam.

I used split artificial sinnew to sew the Fringe to the bag and at the same time the bag is sewn. I do many stitches, about every two millimeter a stitch. You almost do not notice them.

On turning the bag outside it is not always as neat as I wish with the corners at the Fringe. Something I can do better.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook