View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #24
Broken Arrow
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Don't feed the spammers :)

You can minimize the effect by using thinner hides. Getting the fringe piece right to the edge helps. I put in a few lone stitches across the seam to act like pins and hold the flap in place without moving. I cut them away after I've sewn the seam.
Think the decisive point is right to the edge but that the Fringe has to end in front of where the side seem will be. In the first bags the Fringe was as wide as the bag. The Fringe of the later bags are to short.

I have not posted the photos yet. My last two bags where made from the thinner part of the hide and are easier to turn. But I like the bit more thicker hides more.

Quote:
Also, you can get better defined corners by using a turning stick.
Yes I learned but I need to find a stick which is better suited for me.

Quote:
But, all the bags have them. So don't get too hung up on it. It's more important that the spirit of the piece be right.
On that I am with you.

Must take a number of photos of two new bags and the sewn wallet which needs to be beaded on the outside yet. I have
a new idea about the pattern for the wallet. It will be in red, yellow and either white or light blue background.

Four bags already are give aways and found new homes.

In the second week of August I need 9 bags may be ten and a couple of earrings as give aways on the 10th anniversary of our gathering. Ok, 6 bags are ready by now and the seventh is almost finished.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Last edited by Broken Arrow; 03-14-2019 at 07:17 PM..
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook