View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #8
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lightbulb

I live on the east coast and this past weekend was invited to be head judge on the west coast. I did my best to find experienced dancers to judge each session of contests. I was directed by the committee to find a set of northern and southern judges for each session as northern contests would be judged by northern judges and vice versa. I also was requested to find qualified judges for the hand drum and 49 contests.

In picking my judges I took into consideration:

1. Each judges knowledge of powwow dancing and singing of the category they were going to be judging.
2. Powwow experience who have traveled to other powwows.
3. An assortment of judges from different tribes.
4. An assortment of visiting judges from different regions.
5. A sprinkling of a few local judges.
6. Judges with no immediate relatives in the contests (with few exceptions who bowed out when a relative was dancing).
7. Judges who I consider honest.

I also had two alternate judges in the hole ready to go at a moments notice.

I asked my judges the day before if they would help me out. Once they accepted I wrote their names down. I gave my list to the emcees for them to announce the next day after grand entry in case there was any problems with my judges - from the contestants. (There weren't).

The powwow ran smooth and there were no complaints that were brought to my or the powwow committees attention!