Old 09-07-2019, 04:22 AM   #46920
Spiritflight

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
*Rose whips up some spundekase and homemade soft pretzels for Spiritflight.*

Actually, I wish I had some right now. It would be worth the wrath of the dairy, LOL. I like mine with celery sticks, rather than pretzels or crackers.

For those who didn't grow up with a lot of German neighbors, spundekase is a cheese spread/dip with onion, garlic and paprika. Very yummy. It's great for football game day parties too.

Spundekase

1/2 c. cream cheese, room temp;
1/2 c. sour cream;
1/2 c. quark, fromage blanc or well drained greek yogurt;
1/2 small white onion, very finely minced;
1 glove garlic crushed;
1 tsp sweet paprika;
ground black pepper;
salt.

Mix cheeses and sour cream, until well blended. Stir in onion, garlic and paprika. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill, tightly covered, for at least 4 hours.
Good idea. I do like celery sticks better as well. Pretzels here mostly come salty and no, nothing for me. Those are typically bavarian snacks. Quark is sour too, so Ieave off the sour cream as I am having a stomach illness,can't eat sour stuff much.

If anyone likes self made Ajoli dip, contains mayonaise, yoghurt, honey or sugar and could add some curry powder.

A typical veggie soup with meat contains a chopped leek perch, 2 chopped carrots, a quarter of a celery ball also chopped up, couple of herbal lovage twigs, a flat tbl. spoon of beef broth, 2 slices of beef leg bones, bit of pepper, maybe more salt or a few maggi drops, maybe a few peas or other veggies like green beans and 2 potatoes cut in small cubes, cook the bones first to get the meat off, then add the rest, add a chopped up garlic clove or use garlic powder if you like, cook for maybe 10 minutes in pressure cooker, in the end garnish the soup with chopped parsley.

Last edited by Spiritflight; 09-07-2019 at 04:28 AM..
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook