View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 11:40 AM   #3
spottedeagle
FANMAKR

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
The next thing I'm going to cover, which I probally should have done is how to make a loom. You can either order one, I did this for the loom I'm using in this thread. I ordered it from Crazy Crow, to just get me started. It's an adjustable loom. I don't suggest ordering one though, they are so simple to make a nice loom. Ordering one is just Wasting your money!!!!! Since I saw how one was made, now I build my own. Cost to make a loom is anywhere from $5 to $25 depending on the size of your loom and how nice you make it. Which depends on what your going to use it for.
The loom I recently made, I'm using to make belts. It is made out of 2x8 oak and is 4 feet long. I wanted something strong, since I tend to string my loom a little tight. I didn't want something that was going to be rocking back and forth as I'm trying to bead.
For smaller projects a 2x4 or 1x4 would work just fine.
The way I build a loom is get my wood. Decide on a length I want. Normal size of stuff you are gonna work on. Let's just say 2 foot for length. So I cut a piece 2 foot long and 2 pieces about 8 inches long for the sides. put the side against the base and screw it together using (3 to 5) 1 1/2" wood screws. After the sides are screwed on I use a couple heavy duty staples, like they use for barbed wire fences to nail down a piece of 1/4" threaded rod across the top of each side. I put a 1/2" wood screw int he center top of the side and 2 small nails on the sides. Do the other side and it's ready to start stringing.
You can also make an adjustable loom by drilling holes in the sides of smaller sections of wood and add ing wooden dowels. Or do like I do. When I need to change the side of my loom, I uncrew the sides, get a longer or shorter piece of wood and screw it back together. The other option is to build another loom.

This might sound a little complicated, but once you see the pick, you'll have no problem building one.

I'm going to stop this thread here until I can get the pictures resized. Then I'll continue.

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Last edited by spottedeagle; 04-01-2003 at 11:53 AM..
spottedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook