View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 09:18 PM   #7
spottedeagle
FANMAKR

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Now we are ready to actually get started. Two qick terms before we get started. Warp threads are the threads strung on the loom. Weft threads are the threads used to sew the beads down with. Figured I'd say that now to make things easier.

For Warp thread you want to use a cotton-covered polyester thread, such as carpet or quilting thread. There are different sizes depending on the size of your beads. I'm using size 12 quilting thread here for size 11/0 seed beads.

I tie my thread on the center screw in a square knot wrapp the thread around a few times and tie another square knot. Beter safe than sorry.
I start threading on the side closest to me and put the thread in the first slot in the threaded rod and run it to the other end. Wrap it around the screw and come back in the same slot. So that there are 2 threads in the first row of thread. I then run the thread back and forth until I get to my last row. I double the last row as well. This gives your work a little extra added strength. You can do it with one row of thread on the outside, but personally.... THE STRONGER THE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!:)

I tried to show what i was talking about in this pic.

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Last edited by spottedeagle; 01-22-2014 at 09:26 AM..
spottedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook