View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
CEM
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question on good manners at the drum

Yesterday at singing practice we were discussing some people who occassionally sing with us. Recently at a dance they showed up in the middle of a set while we were singing, came out to the center drum with their chairs & sticks, and made a bunch of people move over so they could sit where they want during the middle of a song. There were already two drums set up and more than a dozen guys there, so it was a bit inconvenient.

I was told that if you are late that you should wait until the set is over to come out to the center drum. From a practicle standpoint, setting up your chair in the middle of the song just disrupts everything. Chances are people will screw up the song because they are concentrating on moving their chair around instead of singing. I think it's just kind of rude to do this. I've heard that some headsingers will not let you set up with them for any of the sessions if you are late to the first one.

What does everyone else think? Am I being petty and worrying about nothing or should they wait until the set is over to come out? One of the people in our discussion said that singers do this all the time in Oklahoma. Is it the consensus that this is true?

I'd like to hear some opinions. Thanks.
CEM
CEM is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook