View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 01:23 AM   #26
BeadMan
Beadworker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
THREAD: Believe it or not, I have made more than 90 straight dance belts and lots of other loomed items, all using nymo as a warp thread. Don't ask how I do it, I just do. Everyone that I teach beadwork to uses nymo for warp threads and their stuff comes out even, not bunched up and crooked. It all in how you string your loom. I also think that adjustable looms are the ONLY way to go, this helps get the tension just right. If you are starting out on your own, I have to go with the flow and suggest using a non-streatchy thread. But for the record, it can be done with nymo.

I use nymo for the weft also, but I never wax anything on a loom, warp or weft. I too use a lot of weft thread, about 8 yards at a time, and I almost never get any knots or freying. I have had people ask to watch me work to see how I do this, it is a wierd way of coiling the thread on the floor on the right side of my chair. Sounds complicated I know, but it happens in about 1 second after each row. Sometimes I even amaze myself.

BeadMan

Last edited by BeadMan; 04-06-2003 at 01:41 AM..
BeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook