View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 01:35 AM   #28
BeadMan
Beadworker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond reputeBeadMan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Last thing I'll say is about finishing the work. I used to use cloth medical tape, but when I went to mount the piece and a needle passed through the tape it would get all sticky and wouldn't come off. I have since switched to Masking tape and I don't use more than one layer thickness. After I take the piece off the loom I press the tape with the blunt handle of my scissors to "seal" the tape (you will be able to see the threads through the tape like ribs on a starving horse) I also do not cut a piece from the loom. My loom is on dowel rods and one end slides up and down. I loosen the clamp and slide the moving part inward and lift the strip off the loom (I do have to cut the starting and ending threads that are tied to the anchor nails) I find that when you cut the piece off a loom the tape can shift and the tension gets all whacked out.

I think this has been a great thread. I hope to see some of the work that you fine craftspeople will do on your looms.

BeadMan

Last edited by BeadMan; 04-06-2003 at 01:47 AM..
BeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook