View Single Post
Old 06-13-2001, 03:03 PM   #4
BeadedPony
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond reputeBeadedPony has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
One of the keys to good applique work is to have a good foundation of material/backing to do your work on and make sure that it is held taut. The folks that do great rosettes, for example, use a combination of a canvas-type fabric and thin (cigarette carton) cardboard. For larger pieces of applique work (blanket strips, etc.) I've used embroidery hoops or a custom-made frame. I also prefer the 2-needle style - 1 thread holds the beads, the 2nd thread with the needle does the sewing.

The best advice I can give is the same as with anything -- practice, practice, practice, practice...well, you gett the idea. :p