Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 02:31 PM   #14723
traci_m
Circus Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
traci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond repute
traci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
OK, fried chicken is easy, and folks just get intimidated, but trust me. . .anyone can make it.

I like boneless chicken tenders myself. Who wants to wrestle with a dad-gum bone? ;)

First, take your oil and put it in a pot. Get it kinda deep, so the chicken is not on the bottom of the pot. Mistake number one (in my experience) is letting the chicken hit the bottom of the skillet, because sometimes the crust gets stuck. Get that oil hot, about medium to medium high heat. Not too hot, and not too cold. Takes practice to get it just right, but I'd guess it'd be about the temperature for frying potatoes.

Now, while that oil is heating, take your flour and your seasoning salt and mix them together. I'm liberal with the seasoning salt. If you want extra spicy, then soak your raw, uncoated chicken in tobasco sauce or hot sauce (not picante sauce) over night. That makes it on fire!

OK, so we've mixed the flour and seasoning salt. Now, take another bowl and mix some milk and one or two eggs (two eggs for a big crowd and you're making lots of chicken).

Now, take your piece of chicken and dip it into the wet mixture. Then into the dry. (Now. . .this is Traci's secret, and since none of y'all live local and know me for real, I'll share it with you, but when you do it, folks will ask "How'd you get that crust so thick?") Take your dipped piece and re-dip it. . .into the wet again, then into the dry, so you have two coatings.

Place in heated oil and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

I have an excellent honey mustard sauce recipe that I serve with the chicken if anyone would like it. :)
traci_m is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook