View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 01:16 PM   #53
scottlollar
Father of Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
scottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond reputescottlollar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by powwowbum49
Boy...y'all have been busy!

Scott -- excellent looking drumstick...have you used it yet? How does it feel? On those deertoe 'clackers', was I seeing right? Was the rows of toes alternated in and out?

I have not tried the stick on a good drum yet. I have an old drum I need to put new heads on, so it sounds awful. But, I have a friend who is Lead Singer, and I was trying to get his opinion on it. I have another friend who sings with Bearclaw, but he is very sparing with praise, and the best I'd hope to get out of him is 'eh, that's all right.' I made it to fit my hand, so it feels good. It's got good weight on both ends.
For the 'clackers'(isn't there a better word than that? :) ), I managed to get an even number of both left and right toes. So, I put the left toes on the left leg and the right toes on the right leg. I sorted them into four general sizes. The largest went on the bottom row, and the smallest on the top row out of four. I managed to get 46 toes per leg. I could have gotten 50, but I decided not to, so I could use the remainder on something else... But I used black nylon cord I found at Hobby Lobby of all places - it was CHEAP. I could tie knots in the cord and burn the knot into one big lump that will never come untied. To prevent knots being against my skin or leggings, I brought the ends back through to the front of the leather, where the cord from the toes on the row above it is coming thru. and most of the knots are hidden by the toes. The only row of knots that shows will eventually be covered by a strip of beadwork. When I have time that is... :)

Scott
scottlollar is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook