View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 04:28 PM   #7
Wakalapi
www.wakalapi.com

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I've heard only TWO Duck-and-Dive songs, and one of those I've only heard one time. The other is the "standard" that it seems all drums sing for this dance. The "duck-and-dive" is done during a single, loud honor beat that follows the regular honor beats. Around here, anyway, since it is almost always (99.9999% of the time) the same song it is easy to memorize this.

Some of the western Washington powwows are fairly lax about it, but I know that in eastern Washington (i.e. closer to Nimipu territory) the MC's usually do ask everyone to stand and for no one to record or take pictures during the song. I've seen it done for Men's Tradish contest and for a whole lot of Chicken Dance specials.

I remember there being somewhat of an online debate a few months ago over this being a Crow-originated dance.