View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Well, these are the pictures from my class handouts. The first pic is an upwards pointing V, and the second is a downward pointing V. Each "sub-row" is in a different color.

The first (blue) row goes in just like regular gourd stitch. On the second row (red) for every up pointing V put in two beads rather than one. (Remember what goes up must come down; for ever up V there has to be a down V.) The downward V will take care of itself in this row, just remember where you want it to be. On the third row (green) you're going to need to pay attention to where each bead is going to get the diagonals going the right direction. At the up V put the third row bead between two second row beads. At the down V you will skip the third row bead and go through BOTH second row beads. Once you have the first three rows in, things will pretty much take care of themselves from then on.

Repeat the above and voila you will have bead a toilet paper roll -- uh I mean -- whatever you're making. *Wink*

I like chevron for fans because I can run the V's up the edges of the fan and do all my expansion there so I don't have the breaks and gaps associated with adding in conventional 3-drop. The fan I just finished is done this way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chevron composite 1.jpg (11.5 KB, 772 views)
OLChemist is offline   Share with Facebook