View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 09:37 PM   #6
powwowbum49
Arena Director

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
powwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond reputepowwowbum49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Suzizila

My wife and I made it up there to the craft contest and display around 11, what items did you have entered in the contest? As for Saturday night ... we had the whole family dressed and dancing. My wife was in her new set that is posted in the 'F' word thread, the baby was in her Southern cloth set, my son was straight dancing and I wore my tradish clothes. I would post a pic but I got up to the area and got ready to take some pics and found out I had left the memory card for the camera in the computer so no pics for me...LOL...oh well.

As for your new buckles, I did forget to mention gluing the beadwork and backing to the buckle. Now if you want to stitch up the slit that accommodates the loop there is nothing wrong with that but since the backing is usually glued down you don't have to. I checked all my many beaded belt buckles and not a single one is sewn, and wear these things constantly. By the way, I do not own a single buckle I have made myself, I give those all away so the buckles I mentioned were all purchased or given to me. Also remember the slit for the loop can be cut to sit under the loop or out from each side of the loop to the edges. The latter of these 2 ways is often a shorter distance and does not get the wear from the belt like a slit under the loop does.

Hope that helps

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." Pablo Picasso

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift...that is why is it called the Present." Master Oogway - KungFu Panda

My comments are based on what I have been taught and my experiences over the years I have been around the circle. They should in no way be taken as gospel truths and are merely my opinions or attempts at passing on what I have learned while still learning more.
powwowbum49 is offline   Share with Facebook