View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 09:11 AM   #7
Suzizila
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
wyo_rose......Thanks for your help. I checked in a Sadie Starr book (part of a two volume set) to see if belt buckles were listed. The beadwork for the buckle in the book (directions for construction are in vol. one....which I don't have) was done on layers of pellon. I'm just wondering if this starched felt that people are marketing as "beading foundation" would be good to use. I've used this stuff in making my dance purse, hairties, and barrettes.

PB49.......These are the things I had entered in the craft contest.

a traditional doll with beaded hide dress
a set of hair ties with a tipi design on them
a belt bag with the same tipi design and flags on the flap of bag
a knife sheath with SEPT. 11 2001, a turquoise cross, and
waving flag on it
a pair of baby moccs with tipi designs on the toes
an adult pair of moccs (my "PADRE" moccs ....personalized for
Jesuit friend of mine)
a dance purse (eagle in an 8 point star)
and a rosette necklace (eagle with flags)

I was set up with in the last row of tables between the person with all of the rosettes and the person with the finger woven items.

Was your booth set up in the Traders' building? I completely missed one corner of that building because I was writing down prices. :( After I made my last purchase before leaving on Sunday(right as the gourd dance session was getting started), I just happened to glance over to that corner and saw where Jim and Maureen were set up. (I also found out that I had paid two dollars more than what they were selling their big cones of thread for. :( )

Hopefully, I will make it back to Tipton next year......with more things to enter in the craft contest of course, since I have a bunch of projects planned to work on between now and then. :)
Suzizila is offline   Share with Facebook