View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #6
TWDBear
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
It depends on the piece.

If it's a straight loom piece which will have leather ends or ties, i'll just weave the bead thread over and under the loom threads about 12 times, then seal the threads with clear nail polish. Then i'll tuck the ends under the beaded ends and cover them all with leather.

If it's a loomed necklace (both regular and split-loom) that will fit over the head, an all bead bag, or a circular loomed piece, i weave all the loom threads back into the bead work, going back through 2 beads per row, and for four rows.

I have loomed pieces that i made when i was 12 years old at the encouragement of my grandmother, that are still holding together. The ends on those pieces, i just wove the threads and used masking tape.

Tim.
TWDBear is offline   Share with Facebook