View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 01:05 AM   #1
eap7
~Erica~

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Navajo Straight Dancer?

Hey all you straight dancers, I have a question for you... I started a dance troupe at my college this year. One of the guys is Navajo, and he wants to be a straight dancer. However, his tribe obviously never traditionally powwowed at all. I'm asking on behalf of him...

Can he straight dance? What designs would be appropriate to use- Navajo ones? None of his family have ever powwowed, so he has no one to ask about this. Actually, he had never been to a powwow until the one my school put on last year. Instead he does Navajo ceremonies.

So do Navajos straight dance and if so, how do you all dress? I'm sure one of you guys must be Navajo and can help us out w/ some suggestions! Thanks!!
eap7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook