View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 10:30 PM   #6
Str8Dancer49
Some Kinda Monster

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Str8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond reputeStr8Dancer49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hmmmm....

Definately not trying to pick a fight or anything here, but I get the sense that Goose and rwgirl are kinda misunderstanding SDinAZ....

When he says "predominately Osage clothes" I think he means that 9 out of 10 times when he dances, he wears his Osage stuff..... not like Osage leggins w/ Kiowa shoes or something..... I know he was working on some other Northeast/North central Okla style clothes (with abstract floral beadwork), which may be the other part of that misunderstood "predomninantly" thing.....

As for the issue of Navajos not getting bent outta shape about clothes, I think SDinAZ had a typo in there..... "wearing out clothes" might really be "wearing OUR clothes".... Which if read that way, is true, Navajos don't get bent outta shape about other folks wearing their stuff..... In part cause not too many people do (haha - I'm sure there's a joke to be made there somewhere!), and in part cause alot of tradish Navajos recognize that many "tradish" Navajo clothes really came from other folks, especially the Pueblos.....

Whether you buy my thinking above, this much is for sure.... I know SDinAZ personally, and what he said about being respectful regarding other tribes' clothes is the truth and he backs it up with action. He has permission to wear the stuff he wears, and like was suggested by Goose, I know SDinAZ could sit in at several of the Heluska/Eloska/Man Dance societies and people would know him and have no problem with his presence.