View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 09:32 PM   #8
Fast Buck
fastbuck

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Fast Buck has much to be proud ofFast Buck has much to be proud ofFast Buck has much to be proud ofFast Buck has much to be proud ofFast Buck has much to be proud ofFast Buck has much to be proud ofFast Buck has much to be proud ofFast Buck has much to be proud of
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Navajo Straight Dancer

I do the Southern Straight Dance when I go to powwows, and I am Navajo. I have leather moccasins, leggings, and aprons, but Navy blue flowered cotton shirt. I have a choker and medicine bag made with pipe bones. Then I have beaded arm bands, front bands, plus a tail of otter skin and bead work. I wear a beaded belt, and a handkerchief. Plus, I have a roach, dance staff, and feathered fan. I make my roach sit toward the back of my head, but I have no headband. I started doing the regular heel-toe steps but later tried out the gliding steps, which is much easier. I still do the heel-toe for intertribals, because it gets crowded in there some times. Straight dance gliding and zigzagging takes up a lot of room. The best way to start your straight dancers is to buy a video, showing straight dancers and to go to powwows and see how other straight dancers have their outfits and how they dance. There are several styles of straight dancing that I noticed. Good luck.
Fast Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook