Thread: Getting Started
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 02:39 AM   #36
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I first want to appologize for my abrupt absence. I work for my county's Sheriff along with my main job with the state. This is also deer season, enough said.

I want to thank bqueton for your comments along with others. I appreciate your knowledge. Not being Kiowa I along with others don't know these Kiowa words. I do understand the family song and have our own family song. It is frustraiting when your song is not sung correctly or someone else tries to correct you when you sing your own song. I'm not really a singer and do rely on certain singers to know my song and sing it right. I do recognise songs when sung but I do not know the name of any song.

These things need to be taught to those that are out there using these songs. Teach them. People will continue to Gourd dance/ sing irregardless whether they are Kiowa or not. This concept is what I believe needs to happen, not argue who can or cannot dance/sing the Gourd dance. It is true that we out here are not dancing the ceremonies but just a Powwow Gourd dance if you want to call it that. Dancers now days are not generally educated in the Gourd dance prior top thier just up and joining in.

Again thank you for the education in a civil manner. I also believe we should know our own ways first then we can try to understand others.
WA-Do.