View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 03:18 AM   #9
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
eap7: thank you for your interest and asking your (?).

I too, am a Straight dancer as the rest of my family. I think I understood the comment about the Osage style straight outfit. I mostly dance in the NE part of OK and in MO. I undertood the Osage style to mean not Delaware, Shawnee, Commanche, or Kiowa, etc.. I think the young man ment no harm nor "DISRESPECT".

I do believe that if the young Dene man wants to dance our Straight dance ways he would do well with the 'Lenape clothes. My (?) would first be this. Are you sure he wants to dance our ways? Secondly, What is his rathers? Wouldn't things be easier for all if he were to attend some powwows and watch the many different dancers and dance styles? Is this what he wants our did you just pick this for him? (not trying to stir nor pick a fight). He would be welcome, I'm sure, if he wants and behaves appropriately. If this is the right thing for him then your family should help him correctly and sponsor him right.
Good Luck.