View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
ron red eagle
Champion Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Well, this much I can say. As a board member of the Tennessee Native American Convention , our Commission (Tenn Commission of Indian Affairs) is aware of this organization and their attempts to gain recognitiion.

What this group is doing (the CWC ULC) is going to each county commissionare and pleading their case, in hopes that once they get support of most of the counties, those that actually do approve or disapprove state recognition will have no choice but to approve them.

However we do have rules and what not on who can, and cannot be recoginized, and the counties of Tenn are being made aware of these rules.

For more info on the recognition criteria go here
RECOGNITION CRITERIA FOR NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS for Tennessee

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
I'm still part red man deep inside!~
<Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.
ron red eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook