View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 06:41 PM   #19
One Hot Mama
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
One Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Book? Wish I had time to write, but all credit has to go to the Elders and others who have taught me.

Whether you're a member of a federally-recognized, state-recognised, terminated, or non-enrolled, there is a recognition amongst all of us as to who is really ndn and who's a wannabe. It's in the spirit and shows in the way you think, speak, and act, in the way you perceive and understand the rest of creation and your place in it, and the way you walk among the people.

A thougth once came to me when I was trying to tell someone how it is that we ndn folks know each other, and the picture Creator put in my head was a weaving which reached back into the beginning of things, spread into the future beyond what we can see, and back around again. There were many patterns, textures, and colors representing each people throughtout time. Sometimes these patterns ran into each other and blended, sometimes they faded out. There were places where there were holes and frayed places-more as it came to the past 500 yrs or so. The thing is that this weaving was woven from a single thread, both warp and weft, and this thread runs through each of us who are part of the weaving. We feel that connection between us, and it guides us, even the lost ones, to each other.
It is how we know.
One Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook