View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 07:30 PM   #31
Mato Winyan
Lovin' life,

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Actually I don't take that as stoking a/the fire. I see it as being a balanced way of looking at this thing.

He first of all kiwehnzi said....

He sees white dancers all the time. Do you notice he does not give an opinion.. remark or sling an insult... just states a fact.

Next he says....

It gets offensive when a non-Indian dancer becomes arrogant and tries to be the teacher.

That is what the fire is. So .. we have a person that asked a question at 01-05-2004 11:03 PM .... c-rock comes in at 01-06-2004 03:59 PM that was only after GJJudd answered at
01-06-2004 12:07 PM .
Things went on.. and not until 01-14-2004 01:02 PM is anything ever questioned. That is when Kakeeya asked... "C Rock, Aren't you a white hobbiest dancer?"
Kiwehnzii then makes a post a little after that and is helpful and offers no confrontation, judgements or accusations.
Then at 01-14-2004 02:36 PM c-rock comes back with a defensive attitude and makes his post. It went downhill after that. Both sides then feel the need to defend their .... what ever they feel they are defending, but doing that, they are making it more difficult than it had to be. C rock... you could have just answered "yes I am" and left it at that and see what would have been said...

Now on the other side... why is it if you were native and knew how to be helpful and perhaps could have answered the woman such as kiwehnzii... why did you not do it? There was plenty of time. It is one thing to stand against those that steal..baztardize and another to let those that are complacent and apathetic remain silent and uncaring. If your going to bust chops.. (which I agree.. chops do need to be busted ;) ) then do it in balance bust everyone that needs it!

:Chatter