View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 10:20 PM   #34
storm
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
storm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond reputestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
boy am I confused. People of all ethnic groups study Indian ways, crafts, tribal styles. Some are really knowledgable. They know lots about beadwork and stuff. Anyone that can sew a darn bead down can help someone else get started. Culture however is a different matter. You have to live the life to learn the life. Non Indians have participated in tribal activites ( not in all the tribes but many)here in OK for over 120 years. White folks even have songs. They were few, and I guess they did not threaten anyones identity. Most of those old folks were kind and tolerant; some just looked the other way. But its done, they are in the circle,whether you like it or not, they aren't going away.
If they had any idea what that arena means to us they would stay out, but if it really means anything to you..you won't kick them out. My folks taught hospitality and charity. ( that is what got in this and thats what will get us out)
eepaho?