View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 11:07 AM   #39
Kakeeya
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
We've given up too much as Indian people, and I won't share or give up anything else. I damn sure don't want to be taking sewing regalia tips from a white guy and thought that others should know who they are dealing with, so I asked the 'aren't you a white hobbiest dancer' question. C _rock says he's not arrogant but he was on the other thread saying, I'll dance anywhere, wherever, no one will tell me I can't dance etc. To be honest, I've never been exposed to arrogant hobbiests (before I joined powwows.com) and his attitude pizzed me off.
I am a full blood Native and very proud of it. I live on my reservation amongst my people and partake in the ceremonies here. For social gatherings, I attend powwows and other events. Maybe some other tribes are lenient with the white man and will look the other way when it comes to them trying to horn in, but it isn't that way with my people. The only time I ever see the white people dancing at powwows here is when there is a Wannabee contest. Then at that time it's just for fun and laughs (then they leave us alone again).