View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 11:09 PM   #12
SmokeEater
Insert Image Here

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
SmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond reputeSmokeEater has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackbear
well you will be glad you have that skill the moment you need to use it for the profession you have now.. unless that's already happened. I've wanted to learn myself cause so many of the clients in the company I work for are deaf... whole department just for them.
I've come across the deaf several times in my line of work. More so with EMS than Fire. It becomes awkward when you get them to the hospital and there is no interpeter. I can't stay because I have to write my report and get back to running calls...

However, not every deaf individual knows sign language or ASL. Many times I've run across people who have a "home grown" version of sign language. Then there is English Sign Language where every word is more or less signed out. Fortunately, finger spelling is pretty universal, so you learn how to finger spell very, very, very quickly.

The last time i've had to use it... I was really rusty. You forget it if u never use it...