Direct_Effect
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Direct_Effect is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Gache
Dont worry we will be extinct by the end of this century. By 2050 58% of enrolled members will have less than 1/4 . Once you hit the 50% mark of under 1/4 the slope of no fullbloods or majority bloods will slip so quickly it will take only a couple more generations after that. Then See ya!

It doesn't matter really anyway most people can't even speak their language so its not like were carrying any tradition or culture on. We will blend in with the whites pretty soon. The rest will be so encultured by hip hop that theyll start calling themselves hispanic.
If that's the case then it's up to us to see that it doesn't happen.

To me, speaking the language and keeping our language is important. Teaching it to my kids is even more important as well.

Losing our status as a tribe or as native peoples is something we should all consider in the future ahead. I know I sound preachy, but if ignorant statements like "it doesn't matter" is said, then I'm definitely going to try my hardest to see that we do strive to maintain our cultural identity.

I will not blend in with the whites, and I will go down preventing that it doesn't happen.

Last edited by Direct_Effect; 01-25-2004 at 04:54 PM..
Direct_Effect is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook