Old 01-26-2004, 04:53 PM   #43
STRBRWMN
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
STRBRWMN is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Losing Indian Blood

I have 2 daughters from different fathers.My parents never related to me that I should wait for my own kind.Now one girl is mostly white and the other is Filapino/Chippewa.Her father has come to the conclusion that there should be no inter-racial dating/marriage for her and I agree.It just so happens to my delight and her fathers dismay that she has found a boyfriend who is part Filapino/Blackfeet.My other girl is free to choose.Now, I realized at the age of 30 that the blood lines are decreasing.(Half of my family on the rez are blonde.)So I choose my sons father because his mother was from my tribe and he was enrolled in Ft.Berthold.My son is the only grandchild out of 13 who is enrolled in our tribe.This is sad.People(non-Indians)that I worked with asked me if I was "papered".Like those special dogs who only breed with certain other breeds.I was very angry at this.And I realized that it is soooo important now more than ever for us to stay with our own.We are already losing.Keep telling our young.Keep supporting the youth.We will accomplish much.STRBRWMN
STRBRWMN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook