View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 11:48 AM   #8
Mato Winyan
Lovin' life,

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I was on the receiving end of this one!!

This happened a couple of weekends ago at the Iowa City powwow. Saturday night after the powwow my daughter and her boyfriend and two friends went back to the hotel. We decided to order pizza.
At 12:47 we ordered two large, two bottles of soda and an order of buffalo wings and jalepeno poppers from Gumby's Pizza. They said it would be 30~45min. In the mean time the '49 started in the parking lot of the motel. Huge crowd!!!! There were people and cars on every inch of it.
1:47 came and no pizzas. :(
The party was in full force. Laughter and screaming. Wild natives running all over.
I call and the guy on the phone said they were running a little late. While I was on the phone we thought we heard somebody say Gumby's so we thought they were there then. But then all of a sudden we heard this loud laughter and what sounded like a herd of buffalo run past our room on the upper level. We thought a fight broke out for sure cause we heard ......."GET HIM!!!!!!" then BOOM..BOOM..BOOM....boom.....boom.........boom.... ....boom
past our door. :16:
We wait and wait....still no pizzas. Then after 2 I try to call Gumby's again. Now they aren't answering their phone and they are closing at three.
It's like... what the heck? :Thinking We all are starving and no other place is open that will deliver.
In the mean time the cops come and clear everyone from the lot. :47:
Finally after 3am we decided to go over to Hardee's. When we come back people are starting to come back out.
The next morning I have to take my daughters boyfriend to the powwow cause he is head singer and has to be there early. When I come back I go up the opposite steps and what do I see??? A trail of chicken wing bones going up the steps!!!! Our chicken bones!!! Someone snagged our order!!! :Cry
We had to laugh. We thought it was clever how they did it.
Who said the natives don't hunt and gather anymore?? :Tongue

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 05-01-2002 at 11:51 AM..
Mato Winyan is offline   Share with Facebook