Thread: Fish camp....
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 03:42 AM   #9
drinkingfromysaucer2
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
drinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond reputedrinkingfromysaucer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by aknative
Well , that summer afternoon my Grandpa, Grandma, Mom, Uncle, little brother and myself all got in our boat to get fresh water and go pick salmon berries. We went off the Yukon river into a smaller river.
We stoped off at a good spot to have lunch. Grandma took out a bag of half dried smoked king salmon. Gave each of us a piece to cook over the fire my Grandpa started for us. The salmon was so rich, warm and had a slight smoky flavor. It was good to have every one talking and enjoying our lunch together.
Grandma and my Mom got our buckets out of the boat for each of us to pick the orange salmon berries. We all went off into the medow. I was suprised to see the berries grow so close to the ground. I didnt pick them as fast as my Mother and her Mom.
I turned to look over at my little brother, only to see him filling his chubby belly. He smiled at me.
We all spred out and were filling our buckets as fast as we could. We still had to go get fresh water.
Mom said when we get back Grandma will make Ah-good-uk for all of us for dessert.
"What is ah-good-uk?" I said. Mom told me it was Eskimo ice cream.
Just then my Uncle yelled
"Get back to the boat now!"
I looked up to see him yelling at us and waving his arms.
Grandpa stood his ground with his shot gun.

........I'll finish this later.......
:Fish
:Fishsorta like "Julie of the Wolves"? (referencing a favorite book) :Fish

Smilies is not my 1st Language
drinkingfromysaucer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook