View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #73
Privateer6
Like my new toy?

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Crazydazy,
I've met non-Natives who belonged to native societies. These people usually have performed outstanding service to the particular nation or nations represented by the society, and usually are adopted into the nation. I had the pleasure to see one gentleman receive the necessary materials to make his reglia to join the Hethuska ( sorry if I mispell it) and find out that he was being sponsored into that society at a powwow giveaway.

In the area I'm originally from, Louisiana, alot of "non-natives" participate in powwows. Some do it to regain part of their lost heritage. Unfortunately that part of the country was heavily rascist and alot of native that could pass as whites assumed white culture to survive. Now their children and grandchildren are able to explore that part of hteir heritage that was abandoned.
Jerry

Last edited by GJJudd; 02-14-2004 at 09:40 PM..