View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 01:45 AM   #14
buckskinlady
Southern Buckskin

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
buckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Red face

As far as what 1 Dancing White Wolf saw at a Pow-Wow recently....no, I have never seen a Black Buckskin Dress and I can't imagine that it would be very attractive.
I've done some bit of research (for my own interest) on other tribes Buckskin Dresses and have never seen any made from dyed black Buckskin (dyeing is the only way you get black deerskin). I hope I am not offending any tribes' tradition, that am just ignorant of. If so, forgive me.
Nope, haven't seen anything like that at Pow-Wows in the Central or Southern Plains or at Denver March or at Gathering.
I did see a lot of brown cow hide dresses (oh yeah girlfriends) at Schemitzun worn by some women from up there. I had about 3 really pretty white Bucksin Dresses and 1 beautiful braintan dress on display (for sale) at my booth and I thought they were pretty hoss, but the ladies in brown cow hide...some wearing their hides in an off-the-shoulder manner (????)....just walked right on by and didn't even give them a second glance. Oh well.....
Did the black "Buckskins" contest? If so, what possible category? Central Atlantic Seabord Traditional??? Sorry, just kidding..I have a wicked sense of humor sometimes even if I am the only one that thinks I'm cute!!!
Hey this topic is really getting great input from everybody....everyone who reads it should feel free to join in and share with us!!
Ah-ho!
Southern baby gurl...I'm one of the ones that you talked to about a dress...sorry I haven't gotten back to you recently...I'm so busy making dresses! The next order I take...if I even take another one...will be for next summer!!!!
buckskinlady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook