View Single Post
Old 08-20-2001, 02:48 PM   #10
buckskinlady
Southern Buckskin

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
buckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond reputebuckskinlady has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Unhappy

Oh, 1 Dancing White Wolf...I am so embarassed for you and your friend from Alaska, that I actually have tears in my eyes. Really! How awful, that your friend was dis-respected so badly by ignorance by someone on the head staff of that dance.
Especially when new-agers and what-mot are allowed to act like fools in the arena.
If an A.D. around here had dared to do that to another NDN (it never would have happend...they definitely would have asked around before saying anything)...our custom is that a large amount of money or a pledge or a really important gift would have to be given to the organization...in public. It may sound mercenary, but that is how someone shows that they know or they have been advised that they have done or said or acted in some way wrong in public. Sometimes, if some insult gets by...but it gets back to their family...then an elder from the wrong-doers family will come foward at the next dance and take the microphone and apologize and make good in the way I mentioned. All is forgiven at that time and tremendous respect is then restored to that family. It's 2001, but that's the way it goes and I'm glad!!
Instant retribution or, as those Black Buckskin people would say "instant karma", comes down fast in NDN country, and once it is resolved...it is over. If it is not resolved...it is war!!! Well let's not go there..... But I'm sorry you had that experience with the other dancers,too!
I've always wanted to go to a SouthEast Pow-Wow, but I have heard too many stories like yours and do not need to go there now. However, and I think I have asked this before...if anyone can tell me the "good" Southeastern Pow-Wows to go to, I'd love to come.
Sorry, I'm so long-winded....Anyone else have a comment on this situation???
buckskinlady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook