View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #62
ojibwaysweetie
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibby™
The people on here who advocate lowering the blood quantum are obviously thin bloods. And who's stupid, ignorant a$$ idea was it to make the 1/8ths do community service in order to "earn" their percap?!?! That's ridiculous.

To become a member of my band, you have to be 1/2. And our percap is like $8/year. That's not even enough to take my snag out to McDonalds. The council will consider 1/4 breeds who bonk their snag over the head with cast iron frying pans tho.

On the real. The issue at hand is not tribal population but the dilution of our bloodlines. Hopefully, enforcing strict membership regulations will inspire members to breed with our own kind.
Absolutely Jibby. And I dang wish our rez had our own membership code. I can see many of our young marrying white and having half breed and even less blood quantum children. That is depletion and dilution of our bloodlines, as you say. In my generation there are strong ndn bloodlines, but in the next generation is is sadly diluting.

Come on people something has to be done in order to bring back that bloodline and make it whole again.

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook