View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 12:39 PM   #14
ojibwaysweetie
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakeeya
I'm raising my granddaughter, she's learning a lot and has gone through some ceremonies already (for only being 3). She is learning how to dance at our ceremonies and also how to powwow dance. I'm trying to teach her the differences between dancing at our ceremonies and dancing at powwows, dance styles aren't even close but as young as she is she calls everything powwow (cute).
Sometimes it's hard taking her with me everywhere especially to our Longhouse, (because she sometimes gets disruptive), but she won't learn anything if I left her at home with a sitter. She is learning how to sit still and be quiet when that is needed. Everyone knows her in our community because she is with me wherever I go. Everyone claims her as their grandchild, niece, sister/cousin etc. For as long as I live (and I hope that's long enough to see my great grandchildren) I will continue to teach her and help her in her life.
Good job to all the parents and grandparents out there teaching your children a good way of life, it will be with them always.
Right on Kakeeya.

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook