View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 11:05 PM   #80
Smeshigaud
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
We just had our Council Elections here on my rez on Monday and one of the topics on the agenda was to have a referendum vote to change our constitution. There was a few other topics under that referendum but the topic that everyone knew about was the lowering of our blood quantum to 1/4. They needed 80 votes out of the 152 people who voted. The referendum did not pass, it only got 68. We had 61 people who wanted to be adopted into our tribe. Five people were accepted. They needed 80 votes to get in. 3 of the people/children who were voted in were 1/4. Two of the people voted in were 3/8. One of the children who wanted to be adopted was 5/256.

I agree there are some people who want to be members because of the recognition and to have the identity of being a community member but there are people are only in it for the "benefits". One of the people who got adopted this year made a comment in front of me at work one day. She said well hopefully I get adopted this year, so I can the benefits. I bit my tongue (which for those who know me..is VERY hard for me to do) but I wanted to ask her, is that all you want from here? And sadly for some it's true.

@ geedy and Sweetie...hey that rhymes! LOL