View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #9
Smeshigaud
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Smeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond reputeSmeshigaud has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibwaysweetie
Gawiin. :NoNo

Our Ojibway tradition is to sing behind the men, not at the drum. Woodland Anishnabe Ikwe do not sit around the drum and sing as the men do. There is a story, a teaching of very old that we have within our nation regarding this.
I don't want to put it here though.
I understand there are tribes who do this, and that is fine and can respect that. I am only talking for my tribe. However even within my tribe there are females who do this. To me we have our traditions that was given to us since the Creator put us here on his earth. That drum story is an original teaching and to me, is not to be changed. Why change an original teaching that was given to us by the Creator? We have to keep those traditions alive and well. :)

*agrees with Sweetie*