View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggin_NDN

The reason i prefer women not to sing with my drum is that the drum represents the Heartbeat of Mother Earth, and Mother Earth is also the representative for women, and mothers. The drumsticks used to sound the drum represent the manhood of a male. And when the drum is sounded it represents the heartbeats of both the male and female in performing consumation (sex). So when a lady sounds or hits the drum it literally represents homosexuallity.
___

Snaggin:

I have heard of the drum representing both male and female genders. I have also heard about the drumstick. But I never have heard about them doing "the knock, knock dance" when meeting. Is this a Cree thing?

Every tribe believes differently about the spirit of the drum and its symbolism. It is interesting to learn different beliefs concerning the drum.