View Single Post
Old 06-01-2002, 04:19 AM   #7
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I've danced often with the Kiowas. I was taught that one could wear their straightdance suit to include the otterturbine (beaconrind). I was told this by some of the Kiowa Elders. I could name them but later in private if necessary.

I second the clothing worn. We are to wear our nicest clothing. I say it that way because not all people are able to dress the same. For some blue jeans and a work shirt are their best. I have no problem with that. They should not be looked down on for their clothing. Each person knows what they can and can't have. I and all others should have enough pride to be their best. that is not for anyone else to decide.
Good pants, long sleeve shirt(even one with ribbon work), mocs and no hat(only the otter).

I'm sure there are other ideas. This is only what I was taught and experienced.

Good luck!!!!!! Wa-Do!!!!!!!!!