View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 09:39 PM   #1
Zotigh
USMC

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Drum in the middle.

At the annual Kiowa Gourd Clan, and at the other Kiowa society dances the drum is not smack-dab in the middle of the circle where the dancers need to move. (Probably not healthy anyway with sharp lances dancing about and weapons going off...hehe (toh-kohn-gah))

I think that my personal respect-o-meter is going to go sky high for the first dance I go to where the drum is NOT in the middle of the arena (for the gourd dancing session). It may be customary for the drum to be in the center for other tribe's type of dancing. It's not so for the Kiowa gourd dance.

Has anyone been to a dance where the drum has not replaced the night-time bon-fire?
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Zotigh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook