View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 02:59 AM   #2
sltate
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Oh, yeah....my daughters are Comanches and they have their own story to their dress...according to bands(they are Penatuka) and colors they can wear. Leggings worn for traveling, worn for dancing, royalty and then the "peetsaquena"(spelling not accurate) worn for modesty purposes. They have a culture with many details and rights to wear certain clothes and dance in certain dances according to bands, etc. I have seen as many as 75 ladies all dressed traditional Comanche. Since my daughters are Comanche(my grandparents said that if I married out of my tribe, then my kids are to be raised by their father's people) they are knowledgeable of their Comanche traditions. But they do have Sac&Fox indian names and belong to the Beaver clan. They are knowledgable of their heritage on both sides. My husband agreed that they can dress either tribe, so they do. Usually your first born is raised by your parents, but since I married a Comanche,well....LOL In this day and age, grandparents help with the raising anyways. This is my dress and my girls' dress and why and how etc.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook