View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 11:28 PM   #5
ojibwaysweetie
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Our people always have had the concept of "competition" within themselves for generations and generations. Moccasin games, lacrosse, and many other recreational games that involve competition. Today there are contest powwows, and granted, I do believe it plays a part of the character and attitude of some of our people, but not all. Many dancers like to compete, its just that way. If they win, they win, if they don't, they don't. They still respectfully shake the hands of all competitors involved, win or lose.

I've judged at powwows, and I do look for participation in dances other than grand entry.

Last edited by ojibwaysweetie; 06-30-2004 at 11:32 PM..
ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook